Must be able to deal with crew and passengers in a professional manner.
Must have an excellent command of English, German language is an advantage.
Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work to established standards.
Must possess good sense of cleanliness as well as supervisory skill
Must have experience onboard ships
- Directs and controls housekeeping operations and staff of the housekeeping department
- Co-ordinates the activities of Housekeeping department
- Inspects assigned areas to ensure standards are met
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health standards are met
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items
- Request repair and maintenance services and follow-up
Once are offered employment, all applicants must pass a medical examination by designated physicians. Candidates will be responsible for the cost of the examination. You must be physically fit to work on a cruise ship.
Length of contract:
Depends on the type of job, but most contracts are from the end of March until the middle of November. Contracts are renewable in the next seasons. You may also choose to work in the Winter season for short-term contracts (2 to 3 months).
Food and accommodation on board:
Is free for crew members. These expenses are taken care of by the cruise line. Living arrangements vary by ship and shipboard position. Some positions like Hotel Managers enjoy single cabins.
The company covers the costs for your medical and life insurance while onboard the ship. Therefore, you do not need to buy a travel medical insurance before joining the ship.
Transportation to and from the ship is usually covered by the Cruise Line. In most cases, you will get a refund for your ticket to the ship, while the return trip will be organized directly by the Cruise Line.
Place of embarkation
Each of the cities situated on the banks of the Danube, Rhine, Main or Mosel rivers can be an embarkation port. In most cases, you will embark in Budapest, Passau, Vienna, Köln or Amsterdam.
Send your CV with photograph to our HR Department at email@example.com.